We’re in This Together!
At Action Karate we are very committed that we adhere and follow the recommended rules and guidelines set by Pennsylvania Governor Tom Wolf, State Health Secretary Rachael Levine, the CDC and Department of Health.
Now that we have been given the “Green Light” to re-open we want to ensure you that we will be following very strict protocols to make sure everyone is safe and healthy.
While distancing may be a part of our new normal, staying active and connected remains important. Exercise and wellness are important to keep our bodies healthy and our minds strong.
That’s why we are committed to the well-being of our Action community – ensuring our members and employees can continue to train and practice in a healthy environment.
We also need the help of our members to guarantee a safe environment by respecting each other’s space and following our new “Kicking it into Action” initiative. We thank everyone in advance for being a part of our team.
OUR ENHANCED STANDARDS
Action Karate is providing a heightened level of cleaning and disinfecting systems, limiting capacity throughout our studio, and following the Center for Disease Control’s protocols.
We’ve implemented heightened cleaning measures to ensure the health and well-being of our employees and students. We are disinfecting all soft, hard and non-porous surfaces along with all our equipment after every single class using a hospital approved antibacterial cleaning agent called AIRX SPRAY-N-GO. This is 100% safe, fume and odor-free.
- Door handles
- Light switches
- Counter tops
- Equipment (targets, jump ropes, etc.
- All restroom surfaces.
- Student Cubbies
- All chairs in waiting area.
- All touch-electronics, tablets, cords, keyboards
- All front desk surfaces including point of sale items and equipment
All staff members are required to clean and sanitize after every class.
Antibacterial hand sanitizer will be provided at entrances, exits, of the building and the gym mats.
Antibacterial wipes will be used and readily available in stations around the studio.
Employees and students are encouraged to wash their hands with soap and water as often as possible.
Ceiling fans will be on and doors will also be open to allow air flow.
Behavioral Enforcement: Signage will be in place in employee’s locker room, public restrooms, employee kitchen, offices and all public spaces reminding to “keep it clean”.
In order to re-open in a safe and conscious manner, we are limiting the number of employees and students in the building. This will be done by reducing class size, allowing on-line ZOOM and LIVE in-person classes over the next few months until we are advised by the state of Pennsylvania, Lower Bucks County, and Newtown Township that the mitigation phase is over.
- We will operate LIVE classes at a total capacity of 25 students and staff per activity in the beginning of the GREEN Phase, moving up slowly as allowed.
- Appointments for classes will be mandatory and made available via Sign-Up Genius.
- No sparring will take place until we are phased out.
- Playroom will be CLOSED.
- Parents will be asked after checking in their child to wait in their vehicle as indoor capacity is limited.
- Marked sections of the training area to allow six feet of personal space.
- No congregating in hallways or in any indoor space.
- Bring your own equipment, weapons, targets and leave it in your personal six-foot square of mat space, taking it with you when class is finished.
- Outdoor classes will be conducted as often as possible.
- Instructors and employees will abide by the no-contact rule which means no high fives, elbows, hugs or handshakes. "Action Thumbs Up" will be used instead.
LIVE CLASS INFORMATION
Students and accompanying guests not wearing masks will be denied entry. Once on their zone they may remove mask if they wish to however, they must put it back on to leave. A contactless thermometer will be used to check the temperature of each student one at a time before entry. If temperature is not normal the parent will be advised privately and asked to escort student to their car.
- Staggered Class Times with 30 minutes between each to allow entry and exit precautions.
- Students will enter one at a time.
- Students will be dismissed one at a time, and shall exit the building one at a time.
- Six feet of personal distance while training on the mats and outdoors. All personal equipment will stay with student in their six foot square.
- Contactless exercises and techniques.
- No sparring will take place until we are phased out.
- We will have a hybrid schedule starting on July 13th with a combination of indoor classes and virtual classes.
- Disinfecting and cleaning after every class with medical grade cleaner AIRX SPRAY-N-GO.
- Limiting the number of parents/guests in the waiting area. We respectfully ask that you stay in your vehicle during your child's class. If it is necessary to view or accompany small children, we are reducing the number of chairs available, so they are at least six feet apart. Masks must be worn for every accompanying guest. Parents of very young children will be allowed in the student’s six feet of space if necessary while wearing a mask.
- Playroom will remain closed.
- No food will be allowed in the facility.
- Water bottles must have students name clearly written on them and put in their own six feet of personal space on the mats.
- Exit and Entry doors.
- Contactless check-ins - class cards will only be handled by staff.
- Point of sale will be conducted mainly on-line via email and our website.
- Employees and students will need to sanitize/wash hands before and after class.
- Antibacterial sanitizing gel and wipes will be readily available.
- Hand washing is also highly encouraged before and after every class.
- If a student or family member is feeling unwell, we encourage them to stay home.
Employees will be supplied non-medical masks and plenty of soap and water and antibacterial supplies at all times. We will enforce a six-foot distance at all times with every individual in the building, on and off the studio floor.
- Temperature checks will be conducted on every employee before they enter the building using a safe distance and all safety precautions (mask, gloves). If found to have a temperature of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher they will be sent directly home and enforce that they should contact a medical professional right away.
- If an employee displays any type of symptom of feeling unwell, they are encouraged to not enter the building and return home immediately.
- Informing employees that if they have symptoms (i.e., fever, cough, or shortness of breath), they should notify their supervisor and stay home.
- Advising sick employees to follow CDC-recommended steps, including not returning to work until the CDC criteria to discontinue home isolation are met, in consultation with health care providers and state and local health departments;
- If an employee has a confirmed case of COVID-19 we shall secure and decontaminate all affected areas by:
- Closing off areas visited by the person who is a probable or confirmed case of COVID-19.
- Opening outside doors and windows and using ventilation fans to circulate air in the area.
- Waiting at least 24 hours, or as long as practical, before cleaning and disinfecting the affected area.
- Cleaning and disinfecting all shared areas such as offices, bathrooms, break rooms, shared electronic equipment (tablets, touch screens, keyboards, remote controls) used by the sick person.
- All members who came in close contact (within about 6 feet for about 10 minutes) with said sick individual will be notified immediately.
- Sick individuals should follow CDC recommended steps.